Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Lonely Traveller

One sunny day, sitting on my cosy bed I thought its high time I travelled in London. Eight months flew away working on assignments and withering the chilly winter. Alas my roomies were now busy with their assignments. This meant I had to travel alone. Travelling alone is a strange concept in India, where your life is full of people. Travelling on my own was on my mind since quite a few years, but never managed to travel alone back home.

But here I was, in my apartment wanting to venture out to see London. And must say the first experiment was not bad. I left home to see British History Musuem, but landed up on the bus sight seeing tour of London. Travelling on the open deck, with cool breeze and sun shine, through busy London road was a one memorable experience. Bus rides, especially sitting on the upper deck of the BEST bus always thrilled me. My digi-cam ditched me and I could not click pictures of this first solo tour.But the memory still gives me a kick. The best part of the day was being able to see the madness about Prince William's wedding. I got the close look of the country's love and fondness with the Royal family. Seeing the battery of media vans, photographers and camera crew was exciting and my thoughts travelled to the media events I handled or attended in Mumbai. The short boat ride from London Eye to Westminster Pier was enjoyable. And here I was back home eager to go on another journey all by myself.

No comments: