Thursday, June 30, 2011

I missed it sooo much - The Sea!!


Those who live by the sea can hardly form a single thought of which the sea would not be part. Broch, Hermann

This quote is so true. Its been 8 months that I left Mumbai to study in London but there have had endless discussions remembering Mumbai seashore and rains. I realised how much I was missing sea when I visited Whitstable, near Canterbury this week. The site of calm water with men, women and kids enjoying themselves was so soothing and refreshing.
Born and brought up in Mumbai, my memories are filled with the sea. The childhood trips to Dadar 'chowpatty' as we call it, eating Mumbai street food and making sand dunes and wells on the beach. How can one forget those long drives and bike rides along the queens necklace, Bandra and Worli Sea face. The fishermen boats anchored at Versova, Juhu or Worli. The salty stink one is exposed to while crossing the Mahim causeway. Ah and the sea roar and splash during rainy, windy, Mumbai monsoons. The joy of drenching in those splashing sea waves at Marine Drive or Worli Sea Face cannot be described. The soaring sea, rough sea, sometimes calm sea is witness to the several romantic, gentle, emotional moments in the lives of us Mumbaikars. It swallows our sadness, frustration, anger and celebrates our joy. I am so longing to go back and feel that familiar cool and salty sea breeze in my beloved city - Mumbai.

1 comment:

pooja said...

ya really missing mumbai....:-(
good blog...